Header Ads

STIS, RTIS, AND HIV &AIDs

📑Sexual transmitted diseases (STIs)
    Diseases which transmitted from one person to another through unprotected sexual intercourse with infected person

📑Reproductive tract infections(RTIs)
  Are diseases of the reproductive system

📑Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
State of being infected with human immunodeficiency virus without showing signs and symptoms

📑 Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)
State of being infected with human immunodeficiency virus presenting of signs and symptoms

                 OVERVIEW OF
REPRODUCTIVE TRACT INFECTIONS and sexual transmitted diseases (STDs)

Reproductive tract infections (RTIs) include three types of infection:

1) sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), such as
        chlamydia, gonorrhea, chancroid, and human immunodeficiency
virus (HIV);

2) endogenous infections, which are caused by overgrowth of organisms normally present in the genital tract of healthy women, such as bacterial vaginosis or vulvovaginal candidiasis;

3) latrogenic infections, which are associated with improperly performed medical procedures such as unsafe abortion or poor delivery practices .

RTIs are preventable, and many are treatable as well.
The burden of untreated RTIs is especially heavy for women because these infections are often asymptomatic or the symptoms are not recognizable.

       Prevalence of RTIs
Epidemiologic data show that the incidence and prevalence of various RTIs vary greatly between countries and even between regions within a country, a reflection of the differences in the characteristics
of each pathogen (such as duration of infectivity and transmissibility)
as well as other biological, behavioral, medical, social, and economic
factors

Among pregnant women in developing countries, it is
estimated that gonorrhea rates are 10–15 times higher, chlamydia
rates are 2–3 times higher, and syphilis rates are 10–100 times higher

The risk behaviors that facilities RTIs and STDs transmission
🔰Having anal, vaginal, or oral sex without a condom;
🔰Having multiple sex partners;
🔰Having anonymous sex partners;
🔰Having sex while under the influence of drugs or alcohol can lower inhibitions and result in greater sexual risk-taking

Prevention of STIs and RTIs

📒Reducing a number of self-reported risk behaviors, including:

1.Engagement in any sexual activity
2.Frequency of sexual activity
3.Number of partners, and
4. frequency of unprotected sexual activity

_Increasing the self-reported use of protection against pregnancy and STIs
_Reducing the incidence of self-reported or clinically-documented sexually transmitted infections
📒Use protective tools eg. Condoms
📒Choose less risky sexual behaviors
Use condoms consistently and correctly;

📒Reduce the number of people with whom you have sex;
📒Limit or eliminate drug and alcohol use before and during sex;
📒Have an honest and open talk with your healthcare provider and ask whether you should be tested for STDs and HIV;

📒Talk to your healthcare provider and find out if preexposure prophylaxis, or PEP, is a good option for you to prevent HIV infection.

If already have HIV, and then I get an STD, does that put my sex partner(s) at an increased risk for getting HIV?

It can. If you already have HIV, and then get another STD, it can put your HIV-negative partners at greater risk of getting HIV from you.

Your sex partners are less likely to get HIV from you if you

📔Use antiretroviral therapy (ART).  ART reduces the amount of virus (viral load) in your blood and body fluids. ART can keep you healthy for many years, and greatly reduce your chance of transmitting HIV to sex partners, if taken consistently.Choose less risky sexual behaviors.Use condoms consistently and correctly.

📔There a risk of getting HIV may also be reduced if your partner takes pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP, after discussing this option with his or her healthcare provider and determining whether it is appropriate.

Will treating STDs prevent me from getting HIV?  

No. It’s not enough.  

If you get treated for an STD, this will help to prevent its complications, and prevent spreading STDs to your sex partners. Treatment for an STD other than HIV does not prevent the spread of HIV.

If you are diagnosed with an STD, talk to your doctor about ways to protect yourself and your partner(s) from getting reinfected with the same STD, or getting HIV.

Relationship between STIs/RTIs and HIV Infection and their Prevention
and Control

📔Relationship between STIs/RTIs and HIV Infection
📔 STIs/RTIs facilitate sexual acquisition and transmission of HIV
📔Other STIs/RTIs and HIV share the same major transmission routes
📔Risk behaviours for other STIs/RTIs and HIV are the same
📔Intervention of STIs/RTIs decreases HIV incidence
📔HIV can change clinical presentation and treatment outcomes of other STIs/RTIs

References
Medscape , CDC & webmed

1 comment:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.